This Thursday, we (UCB Marketing with Events Management students) went to the International Confex of 2017 in Olympia London that is held every year. It is the UK’s leading event for event organisers across the world (hence the name ‘international’). This is all about the newest innovations within the events industry as nowadays everything needs a unique selling point otherwise it is extremely difficult and practically impossible to stand out from the crowd. It takes place for two days and we went on the last day. At this event, event industry professionals can buy various products or services for their events for amazing prices. Even though we are not quite events professionals yet, we were taken there in order to show the latest innovations in the industry. This also relates to our assignment for one of our modules Innovation in Events where we have to discuss the latest innovations and pick four of our favourites. I have definitely made my choice now (although the choices were endless at this event)!
1. These robots could walk and even dance (we saw an amazing dance to Gangnam Style). They look at you when you wave to them and sense your movements. I fell in love with the red robot and I feel like I need one in my life! Beware, they do cost a few thousand pounds though haha, not quite fit for my student budget!
2. All the ground floor stalls from up above.
3. The cutest Ice Cream car that can be hired to any event! Get your ice cream directly from this retro car, I found it SO cute!
4. Mega Booth aka the place we spent far too much of our time at because we were obsessed with their photo booth and the amazing backgrounds!
5. This is literally air / smoke that you can consume. You put your straw into this machine in the foggy air and voila – 0 calorie dessert that tastes like candy! This is by Lick Me I’m Delicious, which is just the coolest brand name ever! Even the cotton candy that they make is in so many different flavours and shoots out of the machine towards the sky! No doubt this would make your event one to remember.
6. This is for all those adventure lovers! So many opportunities to have forest adventures around the UK (I believe they said they are in 30 cities/towns!).
7. The coolest place you can eat at as this is a restaurant, bar AND a club! Get all those experiences in one!
8. Beautiful balloons filled with anything you’d like AND they promote your brand logo on it! Would be so amazing for product / brand launches!
9. I just liked the design of this bar… That’s about it haha!
10. You could even get your brows done for free at the event AND they gave amazing deals for all the products they used! Got to love student bargains!
11. This is a robot that walks, talks, dances, cries and just has a mind of its own. Oh, by the way, it’s the robot that Rihanna hangs out with. HOW COOL IS THAT?
12. GuineaPig was one of my favourite parts. They’re basically balloons that just move to the rhythm of the music. It was so weird but so wonderful at the same time and I don’t even know why. So if your event involves music, I think you pretty much need these in your life.
13. This stand provided the most awesome bubbles I’ve ever seen. The tiny bubbles would turn into smoke once they burst – WHAT? How’s that even possible? And they would even put you inside of the giant bubbles! Definitely entertainment worth thinking about!
– Helina x