So each summer I like to create a small bucket list of things I want to do or accomplish throughout the 3 months I have off. Since this is one of the last summers that I can enjoy completely free from typical 9-5 work, I’ve decided to make the most of it. I don’t want to waste away my last summer of freedom. I want to seize every opportunity and do everything I can to be the best me. These goals, aims or however you’d prefer to name them, can be as small or big as you want them to be. Some might even seem impossible but it’s important to dream big. Set yourself some outrageous goals because otherwise how would you be able to find out your full potential? So here’s my list, including the silliest little things to some bigger goals I’d like to achieve.
1. Increase my water intake. I am the worst at getting my daily water intake. But summer is the best time to change that. I can already envision all the lovely mint, lemon or strawberry ice waters I’m going to drink as well as the enormous amounts of watermelon I’m going to consume. And I’m so excited. I’ve already downloaded an app called My Water to ensure I hit my daily target. Get the app yourself & we can all encourage each other to drink more water and keep ourselves hydrated!
2. Go on a road trip. I just want to sit in a car and drive somewhere without having a set destination. Just drive, listen to music with our windows open and actually enjoy the journey itself, letting the road take us wherever it wants. I just want to seize the moment and not take anything for granted. The world is so beautiful, it’s up to us to enjoy it.
3. Gain 200 subscribers on my YouTube channel. This is kind of a personal goal of mine and it’s pretty specific. Lately I’ve been so into making videos and I love seeing my channel grow with more and more people enjoying the content I make. Seeing the number to reach 200 would mean so much to me. It would mean that people enjoy what I make as much as I enjoy making it. Of course it’s not all about the numbers, but you’ve got to set some sort of goals for yourself to measure your success.
4. Social Media Freelancing. I’d love to get some freelancing jobs in social media, creating design, scheduling content and overall managing the effectiveness of some business’s social media platforms. I also aim to create websites and social media platforms for companies that currently have no online presence whatsoever. It’s time to do something that I’m so passionate about.
5. Wear more skirts and dresses. I’ve never been the type of girl who wears dresses. I’m more of a jeans kinda girl. Well, this summer it’s time for a change. I don’t want to suffocate my legs in skinny jeans so I’m stepping out of my comfort zone and getting my legs a tan by wearing a dress and I’m going to enjoy it.
6. Go to festivals. This summer is the summer of festivals and events. Doesn’t matter where, I will be there. I want to make the most of the entertainment that the world offers, especially in the UK. After the past events happening, I think it’s so important to not be afraid of events. It’s important to stand together and not let others keep us from things we enjoy.
7. Change my hair. I’m not entirely sure what I want to do with my hair but all I know is that I need a change. Maybe I should go a bit lighter? Maybe a bit more colourful? I’m not even sure yet so if you have any suggestions, let me know!
8. Create more unique content. I currently love all the posts and videos I create but I know I can do even better. I want to use all my skills to to create something unique. So I hope you guys will support me throughout this journey of becoming a more efficient me.
So these are my little bucket list goals that I would like to achieve this summer. Some things might be more challenging to others than you so if someone else sets goals that seem a bit silly to you, do not judge them. Let’s all support each other in achieving their dreams. Let’s live in love.
Be kind, be humble.
– Helina x